Tips and Tricks ~ Remove Recycle Bin From your Windows XP
You can remove or hide the windows xp recycle bin with a very simple trick, i.e.through a registry hack. While you can still have the access to your recycle bin by using [Shift] + [Delete] keys as a shortcut.
To do the registry hack follow the below steps:
- Click on Start menu in the taskbar.
- Click on run and in the dialogue box type "regedit" and click ok.
- Now search for the following location
HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\HideDesktop Icons\NewStartPanel\
- Now make a new DWORD value with the following name.
- Now double click on this and change its value to "1".
- Now close the registry and goto your desktop.
- Just refresh you desktop and your recycle bin will disspear.
- You can unhide the recycle bin the by changing the same DWORD value to "0".